Follow:
Beauty, Favorites

Dior Reflections

Have you ever played that game where you clear your mind and someone asks you questions and you say the first thing comes to mind? The more I’ve been gathering posts and video ideas, I’ve come to the realization that if you made me do that, my answer to the question “what’s your favorite makeup brand?” would quite shockingly be Dior.

Shocking not because Dior makes some of the most amazing products, but more so because if I actually had to think about it, I’d probably pick Tom Ford or Chanel. But sometimes thinking can turn to over-thinking and I might miss the subtleties of an amazing brand like Dior.

Dior is one of those brands that I’ve loved since I was in high school. I loved their cute bags and adorably matching glosses. It’s really a big reason I’ve turned into the makeup lover I am. I mean, ever since I laid lips on my first Dior gloss, it’s been a problem ever since. Their products are just good. Pretty, feminine and excellent quality.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

That brings me to a recent obsession. Dior Earth Reflections palette ($60, sephora). A subscriber recently asked if it was similar to Tom Ford Cognac Sable quad. The simple answer is it’s not even close, but I’ll get to that in a later video. Right now, I just want to celebrate this palette.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It’s a shimmery goddess of a palette. If you hate sparkle, this isn’t for you. If you want to love sparkle and are looking for the palette to convince you it’s actually quite amazing, this one is for you. Trust me, all women, no matter what your age, we can all use a little sparkle. It makes it that much sweeter when Dior does it so perfectly. Like… so perfect! I have never gotten so many complements on my eye makeup than when I’ve been wearing this palette. I’ve warn at least 1 shadow from the palette every day. Sometimes just an inner corner highlight (top left), all over the lid (top right), from base to brow (bottom right), or deepened crease (bottom left)… or a concoction of all 4 colors in the parameter of the palette.

About 80% of you reading this post need this palette. The other 20% are just reading because you love me (and what’s not to love?). This is one of those products that I just had to mention. Because it was one of those products I was upset I haven’t had for longer. It’s neutral but somehow a stunner. If you’re looking to branch out and treat yourself to a nice palette, this also makes a really great subtle, easy smoky eye.

I should probably mention these are some of the softest shadows ever. So if you’ve never touched these before, prepare for a real treat. Like serious candy for them eyeballs. I think anyone who owns this palette would agree.

Share on
Leave a comment

You may also like

1 Comment

  • Reply Joyce (bronzerbunny)

    i agree, this palette is quite pretty. i had it for a while and loved it at the time, but ugh shimmer lol, it isn’t really my thing anymore lol

    April 5, 2014 at 3:27 pm
  • Leave a Reply